One of my favorite snacks is a bowl of fresh guacamole and a bag of crisp tortilla chips. Yum! But how many times does that chip break under the weight of the scrumptious guacamole, leaving you with an avocado stain across a shirt or pair of pants? Don’t panic, and don’t rub at the spot!
Take a butter knife and gently scrape off any of the guacamole that is sitting on the surface of your clothes. As soon as possible, run cold water through the stain from the backside of the clothing item. This will remove any particles that have worked their way between the weave of the clothes. Then take your favorite product for pretreating, mine is Zout liquid spray, and gently cover the stain. Let the stain sit for 5 minutes and then let it soak in the warmest water the material can withstand for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to check the tag for information regarding temperature for your article of clothing. You can also run some water through the treated area to help wash out some of the stain.
If you prefer, you can also pretreat the stain with your favorite detergent, mine is Purex Mountain Breeze liquid detergent, by following the same instructions shown above. Before you transfer your clothes to your washing machine, check out the stained area and see if you were able to remove the stain. Depending on how large the stain was to begin with, you may have to repeat the pretreating-soaking process.
Once you are content with how the area looks, launder the clothes as you typically do with your favorite laundry detergent. As always, make sure the stain has been removed before you place the items in the dryer, as the heat in a dryer will set the stain, making it impossible to remove.
Happy Stain Fighting!
Bonus: Quick and Tasty Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Get out a medium sized mixing bowl and a fork.
- Peel your avocados and remove the avocado pits inside as well. Place the avocados in the mixing bowl and mash them with your fork.
- Stir in the red onion, tomato, and the juice from your lime.
- Finish it off by adding in salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your desired taste. You can make it saltier if you like, or a little more garlic infused, it’s up to your taste buds.
- Once the guacamole is seasoned to your liking, simply chill it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, then enjoy!
Purex® Liquid Laundry Detergents
Purex® liquid laundry detergent provides a powerful clean and keeps your clothes smelling fresh for weeks for an affordable price.
Purex® Crystals In-Wash Fragrance Boosters
Purex® Crystals infuses your clothes with an extraordinary freshness that puts the finishing touch on your laundry & can last up to 12 weeks.