- Throw on a ruffled dress for an easy expression of chicness that you will never want to change out of. Think: dresses that look as if they belong in a modern day fairytale. Dramatic, beautiful and with cascading ruffles – this look transcends chicness. Try this ruffle dress on for size.
- Denim shorts are always a summer staple, but this summer, frayed denim shorts are bigger than ever. Plus, just like jeans, they pretty much look good with anything. Try out these shorts with a plain white T for a simple, comfortable yet chic summer look!
- Slip dresses are this summer’s gift from heaven, since they’re super light and airy. Check out this adorable slip dress from Express. Throw a slip dress on with a pair of flats on a super hot day and you’re both fabulous and cool.
- You might spend most of your time barefoot during the summer, but don’t underestimate how chic a pair of mules can be to slip on before you go out! These mules from Zara will look good with pretty much any outfit, although a breezy pair of linen shorts could really up the ante.
- This summer, exaggerate your chicness by sporting this runway look: tops with exaggerated sleeves. The bigger the better is the key to your sleeves this summer. This minidress from Free People is pretty much… everything.
- Prairie Dresses are the festival look for summer ‘16– a drop-waist floral dress that looks a bit Little House on the Prairie-inspired. Try this one, a simple minidress with a prairie dress flow.
- If you’re looking for a simple way to spice up an otherwise dull ‘fit, throw on a pair of lace-up flats, like these lace-up flats from Steve Madden. You won’t regret it!
- This is the summer of the shoulder. Forget an exposed midriff—exposed shoulders are all the rage this summer! Throw on this off-the-shoulder dress from Asos for an amazingly simple yet chic summer look.
The humble rucksack has never looked chicer! Pair with frayed denim shorts for an amazing summer look. Sew on your initials for a similarly personal look. Check out this bag from Top Shop for inspiration.