Most of us place leftover socks in a ‘hope bag.’ Hoping, that someday, we will be lucky enough to find the lost sock, unwilling to believe it has been lost forever. However, there is no point in crying over a lost sock.
Here are three awesome ideas from our Facebook fans on uses for your “single” socks:
- A Heat Pack (as suggested by Susan R. & Kate M.)
Who hasn’t suffered muscle pain or a stomachache? Grab a single sock from your hope bag and make your own re-usable heat pack. Here is all you do:
- Take a lonely, tightly-weaved, sock from your ‘hope bag.’
- Fill it with one cup of rice.
- Sew it closed.
- Heat it in your microwave for 20 to 30 seconds (with a glass of water). Heat pack should be warm to the touch but not too hot!
* The water keeps it from drying out.
This heat will help with muscle aches, stiff shoulders and help ease stress. If you would rather make it a cold pack, no problem, just freeze it. If you have two single socks, make one of each!
- A Cup Cozy (as suggested by Teresa N.)
Most of us enjoy grabbing some kind of hot beverage at one time or another. Those cardboard cup holders are hard to hold and that tiny piece of cardboard doesn’t do much to protect us from the hot beverage. Cut the cuffs off a sock to use for your hot beverages. Or use your cozy over a can or bottle to keep your drink cooler.
** Cut a longer sock for bottles and shorter sock for cans and cups.
- 3. A Protector for Your Sunglasses (as suggested by Joan P.)
Grab a sock and put it in your purse or glove compartment. Put your glasses in it to protect them from being scratched.
*** Purex is not responsible for the results of Single Sock recommendations listed in this blog. Use extreme caution when heating heat packs and/or handling hot liquids.***