The holidays are around the corner, and it’s time to adorn your home with lovely fall decor. Start by crafting this beautiful and inexpensive DIY harvest wreath to hang on your door.
What you’ll need:
- Purex® Sta-Flo Starch
- Half-yard of different fabrics
- Box of fabric pins
- Yard of white muslin
- Styrofoam wreath ring
- Wax paper
- Mixing bowl
- Pair of fabric scissors
- Small piece of cardboard
- Fabric pen
- Layer your fabrics on top of each other, keeping them lined up and smooth.
- Draw a leaf shape on your stencil and cut it out.
- Trace the leaf over your layered fabrics.
- Slide a pin into each leaf.
- Then cut the leaves out.
- Separate each fabric leaf, and put them into your mixing bowl.
- Soak the leaves in Purex Sta-Flo Starch for five minutes.
- Roll out wax paper over your workspace.
- Wipe off the excess Sta-Flo from the leaves, and lay them out on the wax paper.
- Dry them overnight.
- The next day, peel them off.
- Cut your muslin into strips.
- Wrap the muslin strips around the wreath ring.
- Pin the leaves onto the wreath in dense layers.
- The wreath is now ready to hang!
For more Purex® Sta-Flo craft ideas check out our Pinterest page.