Revamp your dresser to get the shabby chic and trendy look. You could update the look for any dresser – from a hand-me-down to the brand-new!
What you’ll need:
- Purex Sta-Flo Starch
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring tape
- Dig an old dresser out of your storage unit, grandma’s garage, community fair, etc.
- Measure out the length and width of the drawers.
- Mark the measurements on your fabric with the Sharpie.
- Cut the fabric carefully.
- Put the fabric in the mixing bowl, and pour in Sta-Flo until fabric is covered.
- Soak in the Purex Sta-Flo liquid starch for at least five minutes.
- Wipe off the excess Purex Sta-Flo liquid starch from fabric.
- Carefully lay down the fabric into the drawer, keeping it taut and free of air bubbles.
- Leave the fabric to dry overnight, or place outside in the sun to dry.
- Finally, insert the drawers into the dresser and enjoy!
You could even do this on the faces of the drawers, on the top of the dresser, or wherever your imagination and creativity takes you. Also try mix and matching different fabrics together!
For more Purex Sta-Flo craft ideas check out our Pinterest page.